All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
About this product
- DescriptionMost faculty members of college and university English departments would ackwledge frequent interdepartmental tensions between faculty members who specialize in literature and those who specialize in composition. Yet many literature faculty regularly teach composition and/or have administrative responsibilities in writing programs and writing centers. Teaching Composition/Teaching Literature: Crossing Great Divides is an anthology of articles by faculty who reject the low status commonly assigned to composition and articulate ways to combine literature and composition as teachers and scholars. Ultimately, these essays signal possible ways to repair the rift between the divisions.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Michelle M. Tokarczyk is Professor of English and Co-Director of the Writing Program at Goucher College in Baltimore, Maryland. Her publications include E. L. Doctorow's Skeptical Commitment (Peter Lang, 2000) and Working-Class Women in the Academy: Laborers in the Knowledge Factory, an award-winning co-edited anthology. Irene Papoulis is Lecturer in the Allan K. Smith Center for Writing and Rhetoric at Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut, and Associate of the Institute for Writing and Thinking at Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. She has published articles in Into the Field: Sites of Competition Studies; Writing with Elbow; and other edited collections, as well as in various journals in the field of composition studies.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleStudies in Composition and Rhetoric
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight260 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byIrene Papoulis,Michelle M. Tokarczyk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.