All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionWhen young children first arrive at school, they generally kw how to use a mobile phone and a tablet, and how to count, share and measure. They have a sense of wonder about the world around them. They expect to further interact with techlogy and to build and extend their mathematics and science kwledge. Teaching Early Years Mathematics, Science and ICT shows how teachers of children in their first three years of formal schooling can guide students in developing a sound understanding of the key concepts in mathematics and science in classroom and field activities. It shows how to select appropriate educational techlogy, and effectively and routinely integrate it into the learning experience, as part of students' wider classroom learning. Throughout the authors make connections between children's out-of-school and in-school experiences, as well as connections across key learning areas. They provide real classroom examples of learning experiences which can be adapted for different year levels. A reflection template assists teachers in planning and successfully implementing teaching strategies to meet curriculum requirements. Teaching Early Years Mathematics, Science and ICT helps teachers bridge theory and practice in teaching children aged 5 to 8 years.
- Author BiographyANNETTE HILTON is Associate Professor in Science Education at Aarhus University in Copenhagen, Denmark. GEOFF HILTON is a Postdoctoral Fellow, SHELLEY DOLE is Associate Professor and CHRIS CAMPBELL is a Lecturer, all at the School of Education, The University of Queensland. They all have extensive classroom and research experience.
- Author(s)Annette Hilton,Chris Campbell,Geoff Hilton,Shelley Dole
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width176 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.