All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its fourth edition, this comprehensive, best-selling methodology resource gives both prospective and experienced ESL/ELT teachers the theoretical background and practical applications they need to decide which approaches, materials, and resources can and should be used in their classrooms. With a focus on the learner and attention to the socio-cultural influences on language learning, The Apple Book covers methodology, language skills, teaching skills, integrated approaches, learner variables, and teacher development.
- Author BiographyMarianne Celce-Murcia (Ph.D. in Linguistics, 1972) is Professor Emerita of Applied Linguistics and TESL at the University of California, Los Angeles, where for 30 years she taught primarily graduate students, preparing to be language teachers and researchers. Beyond her work at UCLA, she taught in and administered English language programs in Nigeria (1964-1966), Egypt (Fall, 1980), Canada (Summer, 1983), and Armenia (2003-2007). She has lectured and led workshops all over the U.S. and in many other countries as well. In addition to her co-authorship (with Diane Larsen-Freeman) on the three editions of The Grammar Book, she is co-editor (with Donna Brinton and Marguerite Ann Snow) of the fourth edition of Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language (2014) and series co-editor (with Maggie Sokolik) of the five-volume, content-based Grammar Connection series (2008-2009), all with Cengage Learning, who (as Heinle & Heinle) presented her with their lifetime achievement award in 1997. At UCLA Marianne was honored for distinguished teaching both as a graduate student (1964) and as a professor (1976). Donna M. Brinton is an educational consultant who has held academic and/or administrative positions at the University of California, Los Angeles; Soka University of America; and the University of Southern California. Marguerite Ann Snow is professor of education at California State University, Los Angeles, where she teaches in the TESOL MA Program.
- Author(s)Donna M. Brinton,Marguerite Ann Snow,Marianne Celce-Murcia
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2013
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle-Cengage ELT
- Weight1245 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement4th International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.