All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the current educational climate of high stakes testing, standardized curriculum, and 'approved' reading lists, incorporating unauthorized, popular literature into the classroom becomes a political choice. The authors examine why teachers choose to read Harry Potter , how they use the books, and the resulting teacher-student interactions.
- Author BiographyAuthor Catherine L. Belcher: Catherine L. Belcher serves as the Director of Teaching and Learning at West Adams Preparatory High School, Los Angeles, USA, and teaches in the Masters in Teaching program of the Longy School of Music of Bard College, USA. Author Becky Herr Stephenson: Becky Herr Stephenson is a researcher focused on teaching and learning with popular culture and technology.
- Author(s)Becky Herr Stephenson,Catherine L. Belcher
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSecondary Education in a Changing World
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.