All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Health Care in Virtual Space is the first how-to manual for health educators on the instructional use of three-dimensional, computer-generated virtual environments that can be inhabited simultaneously by many participants; commonly called multi-user virtual learning environments or MUVE. Based on her experience supervising more than 400 learning activities in Second Life-as of 2014, the largest public (free) MUVE-Dr. Estelle Codier has written a step-by-step handbook for vice and experienced MUVE teachers alike. The book provides those new to virtual teaching with specific steps to assess their own instructional readiness, guidance for assessing student and class readiness, as well as detailed descriptions of problem prevention and solutions. The text is accompanied by lively case studies of both success and failure in virtual learning environments. Inspiring stories of student learning illustrate the power of MUVE to transform health care education. This invative handbook presents an extended discussion of the pedagogical advantages for learning in multi-user virtual environments, along with a history of learning in Second Life. The text includes an appendix of supporting materials for MUVE learning activities: evaluation grids, grading matrices, syllabus descriptions, and detailed orientation materials for both faculty and students. While the sample learning activities were designed for nurses, instructors in other disciplines could easily adapt them for use in any MUVE setting.
- Author BiographyEstelle Codier is associate professor at the University of Hawai'i at M?noa School of Nursing. She is the author of more than two dozen peer-reviewed articles, and has given national and international presentations and workshops on MUVE learning. Dr. Codier continues to use MUVE learning in undergraduate and graduate courses, some of which take place entirely in Second Life.
- Author(s)Estelle Codier
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Note22 colour illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.