All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionFresh and invative, Teaching History Creatively will foster creativity in both learners and practitioners alike. By introducing teachers to a wealth of available approaches to historical enquiry, this book ensures creative, active and effective learning which includes plenty of challenges, clear goals and opportunity for progression. Underpinned by theory and research, it offers informed and practical support, illustrated throughout by examples of children's work. Key themes addressed include: * how good history education and creativity are inseparable; * investigating sources: archaeology, visits and time capsules; * using archives in your own research project; * historical agents and history detectives!; * drama for exploring events, myths and legends; * communicating historical understanding creatively. Written by experienced authors with extensive experience of history teaching in the primary school, Teaching History Creatively is an essential purchase for any professional who wishes to embed creative approaches to teaching in their classroom.
- Author BiographyHilary Cooper is Emeritus Professor of History and Pedagogy at the University of Cumbria, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning to Teach in the Primary School Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byHilary Cooper
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.