All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionBringing history teaching into the twenty-first century, Teaching History Online is a concise guide to developing and using internet resources in history instruction. It offers practical, jargon-free advice to help the history teacher develop online assignments, and provides an informed introduction to the myriad resources and tools available for use in the online classroom. Beginning with a chapter on the benefits of teaching and studying online, John F. Lyons goes on to address instructors' most commonly asked questions and concerns, including: * designing an online class * providing online alternatives to the lecture * developing a user-friendly discussion board * conducting assessment and dealing with classroom management issues. For historians interested in providing an online element to their traditional face-to-face classroom teaching, the final chapter shows how to develop successful hybrid/blended classes. An accessible introduction and valuable resource, Teaching History Online includes sample lesson plans, examples of online learning tools, and suggestions for further reading, helping those who use - or want to use - online resources to create exciting, interactive and rewarding learning environments. Visit the companion website, which includes extra reading and resources information at: www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415482226.
- Author BiographyJohn F. Lyons is an associate professor of history at Joliet Junior College in Illinois where he teaches British history, US history, world history, and Latin American history. His publications include Teachers and Reform: Chicago Public Education, 1929-70 (2008).
- Author(s)John F. Lyons
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.