All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book draws on theories of second language acquisition (SLA) to illustrate how interactive white board techlogy can be exploited to support language acquisition. It examines interaction, collaboration and negotiation of meaning and focus on form in the communicative language classroom in primary, secondary and vocational schools. In recent years new techlogies have been incorporated into second and foreign language education as tools for implementing teaching methodologies. IWBs have established their role in the field of computer-assisted language learning (CALL) and are an effective and inspiring tool which motivates both teachers and learners. Although the number of IWBs in classrooms has rapidly increased over the past decade in many parts of the world, teacher training materials and pedagogical support for the design, evaluation and implementation of IWB-based materials in the foreign language classroom has t kept pace. Research also shows that language teachers do t always use IWBs in pedagogically sound ways. There is a real need for the development of training models and examples of good practice which can support teachers in developing the necessary competencies for exploiting the IWB in ways consistent with current theories of language teaching pedagogy.This book provides that best practice and gives a full account of in-depth research in an accessible manner.
- Author BiographyEuline Cutrim Schmid is Professor of TEFL and Applied Linguistics at the University of Education Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany. Shona Whyte is Associate Professor of English at the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- Series TitleAdvances in Digital Language Learning and Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight565 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEuline Cutrim Schmid,Shona Whyte
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.