Teaching Literacy Through the Arts by Douglas Fisher, Nan L. McDonald (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccessible and hands-on yet grounded in research, this book addresses the whats, whys, and how-tos of integrating literacy instruction and the arts in grades K-8. Even teachers without any arts background will gain the skills they need to bring music, drama, visual arts, and dance into their classrooms. Provided are a wealth of specific resources and activities that other teachers have successfully used to build students' oral language, concepts of print, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and writing, while also promoting creativity and self-expression. Special features include reproducible worksheets and checklists for developing, evaluating, and implementing arts-related lesson plans.
- Author BiographyNan L. McDonald, EdD, is Associate Professor of Music Education at San Diego State University School of Music and Dance and also teaches integrated arts to teachers and students in K-12 classrooms. She is the author of numerous articles in music, arts, and literacy journals as well as a program author for the Scott Foresman/Silver Burdett Music K-8 music text series Making Music. Dr. McDonald is the Director of Integrated Arts for the City Heights Educational Collaborative and is the recipient of the 2000 Outstanding University Music Educator Award from the California Association for Music Education and the 2003 Outstanding Faculty Award from San Diego State University College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts. Douglas Fisher, PhD, a former English teacher and language development specialist, is Professor of Language and Literacy Education at San Diego State University and the Director of Professional Development for the City Heights Educational Collaborative. He is the recipient of an International Reading Association Celebrate Literacy Award as well as a Christa McAuliffe award for excellence in teacher education. He has published numerous articles and books on reading and literacy, integrated arts, differentiated instruction, and curriculum design.
- Author(s)Douglas Fisher,Nan L. McDonald
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication18/05/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTools for Teaching Literacy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight406 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.