Teaching Literacy in Third Grade by Janice F. Almasi, Leigh-Ann Hildreth, Keli Garas-York (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third-grade classroom is a beehive of activity, in which young readers transition between emergent and more advanced levels of literacy. This expertly written guide brings to life the rewards and challenges of teaching third graders and helps teachers differentiate instruction for diverse learners. Vividly portraying a week in a highly motivating classroom, the authors present easy-to-use ideas and activities for building fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, and more. Illustrations, reproducibles, grade-specific resources, and planning tips will make this handy book a boon to third-grade teachers every day of the year.
- Author BiographyJanice F. Almasi, PhD, is the Carol Lee Robertson Endowed Professor of Literacy Education at the University of Kentucky, where she teaches courses in research and theory in literacy. She earned her PhD and MEd in reading education from the University of Maryland and her BS in elementary education from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Before becoming a university educator, Dr. Almasi was an elementary classroom teacher and a reading specialist in Maryland. Keli Garas-York, PhD, is currently an assistant professor at Buffalo State College, Buffalo, New York, where she teaches undergraduate and graduate literacy courses. She was a reading specialist in the West Seneca Central School District, where she worked with students in kindergarten through grade 6 for 2 years. She also taught third graders in the Buffalo Public School System for 7 years. Dr. Garas-York earned her BS in elementary education from the State University of New York College at Oswego, her master's degree in special education from St. Bonaventure University, and her PhD in reading education from the State University of New York at Buffalo. Leigh-Ann Hildreth, MEd, is a third-grade teacher in the Sweet Home Central School District, Amherst, New York. She earned her BS in elementary education from the State University of New York at Geneseo and her master's degree in elementary education from the State University of New York at Buffalo. She is a trained Reading Recovery teacher. Mrs. Hildreth successfully taught first graders for 8 years in the Sweet Home Central School District before changing grade levels 2 years ago, when she found herself teaching third graders for the first time in her career.
- Author(s)Janice F. Almasi,Keli Garas-York,Leigh-Ann Hildreth
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication25/01/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTools for Teaching Literacy Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.