All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new and updated edition of Teaching Mathematics Creatively offers a range of strategies to enable trainee and practising teachers to take an invative, playful and creative approach to maths teaching. It promotes creativity as a key element of practice and offers ideas to involve your students and develop kwledge, understanding and enjoyment. Exploring fresh approaches, this text explains the role of play in bringing mathematics alive for children and teachers alike. It identifies the power of story-telling in supporting mathematical thinking, examines cross-curricular teaching, and allows you to plan for teaching creatively. Imaginative ideas, underpinned by the latest research and theory, include: * Learning maths outdoors - make more ise, make more mess or work on a larger scale * Everyday maths - making sense of the numbers, patterns, shapes and measures children see around them * Music and maths - the role of rhythm in learning, and music and pattern in maths * Giant maths - how much food do you include on a giant shopping list? Stimulating and accessible, with contemporary and cutting-edge practice at the forefront, Teaching Mathematics Creatively includes a wealth of invative ideas to enthuse teachers and enrich maths teaching. This book is an essential purchase for any professional who wishes to embed creative approaches to teaching in their classroom.
- Author BiographyLinda Pound has great educational experience and has published extensively in the fields of learning and creative maths. She is an Early Years Education Consultant and a regular contributor to Nursery World. Trisha Lee is Founder and Artistic Director of MakeBelieve Arts, a social enterprise offering innovative, high quality theatre and education programmes to develop the creative potential of children aged 2-15, based in Deptford, London, UK.
- Author(s)Linda Pound,Trisha Lee
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning to Teach in the Primary School Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 37 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight364 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.