All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Mathematics in Diverse Classrooms for Grades K-4 emphasizes that effective mathematics teaching promotes understanding which provides a sound basis for skill development, all resulting in better learning retention. In a user-friendly format, presenting language consistent with the language used to teach children, the authors of this resource stress that when mathematical information is connected to what students already kw about mathematics, it is easier for them to learn and recall. To that end they present the development of mathematical content based on a small number of easy-to-understand and easy-to-teach big ideas.
- Author BiographyBenny F. Tucker earned his PhD at the University of Illinois in 1975. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 books, on topics ranging from teaching methods for elementary schoolmathematicsto the use of instructional activities in the mathematics classroom. He has authored or co-authored more than 20 articles in professional journals and has made more than 30 presentations at professional conferences. Ann Haltom Singleton is Associate Dean of the School of Education at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. She earned her EdD in Special Education from the University of Memphis. Her research areas include leadership development and mathematics instruction, especially in inclusive settings. She has contributed to numerous articles and has made over 30 national presentations. She was recognized as the Union University 2003 Faculty of the Year. Terry L. Weaver honed his teaching skills in the Miami-Dade County School System. He received his PhD in Special Education from George Peabody College for Teachers at Vanderbilt University. Dr. Weaver then shared his teaching skills at Carson-Newman College and Union University where he continues to teach. Dr. Weaver has served as an item writer for and participated in the revalidation of the Praxis II Specialty Area Test in SE (Core Knowledge). He is a co-author of Teaching Mathematics to All Children, Designing and Adapting Instruction to Meet the Needs of Diverse Learners, has presented on differentiated instruction and assessment, universal design, inclusion, and adapting instruction for diverse learners, and recently lead the revision of a chapter on mathematics in Vaughn's and Bos's Strategies for Teaching Students with Learning and Behavior Problems. Drs. Tucker, Singleton, and Weaver have published numerous articles on teaching mathematics.
- Author(s)Ann H. Singleton,Benny F. Tucker,Terry L. Weaver
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.