All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Mindfulness in Schools is a practical teaching toolkit for educators and all professionals concerned with the social and emotional wellbeing of children. The book offers clear introductions to the many aspects and benefits of mindfulness for young people, as well as a wealth of practical guidance and tools to support the teaching of mindfulness in the classroom. Key features include: * a range of stimulus materials including artwork and poems to read one-on-one with a child or for whole-class teaching; * lesson plans, worksheets and colouring sheets to support a huge range of activity types including physical, creative and sensory exercises so that there is material to suit all the children you work with; * audio recordings of guided mindfulness exercises for use in the classroom, narrated by the author and available online. Penny Moon is the founder of A Quiet Place, with nearly three decades of experience in workshop facilitation, teaching, emotional and behaviour development, psychotherapy, complimentary medicine, educational therapeutics and child, parent and family support.
- Author BiographyPenny Moon is an experienced workshop facilitator in Europe and the USA. She has been teaching for over 30 years with experience across a range of special needs and has a particular interest in emotional and behavioural management and autistic spectrum disorder. Her parallel career started when she trained as a yoga teacher over 30 years ago and then became involved in complementary medicine, studying with various teachers across a range of therapies. She is a qualified hypno-psychotherapist and is involved in training others in this field. Penny developed A Quiet Place within mainstream education in schools across the UK and the Chanel Islands. This is now a nationally recognised programme with a very rigorous academic and qualitative evidence base, supporting children, families and staff. The model is called Educational Therapeutics(TM), which incorporates the techniques of NLP, yoga, bodywork, relaxation, meditation, story-telling and the latest technology that supports emotional intelligence using bio and neural feedback software including Heartmath.
- Author(s)Centre for Child Mental Health,Penny Moon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1900
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Weight336 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.