All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn yoga teacher training you are taught how to teach the yoga poses but t necessarily much about the art of teaching. Or perhaps I should say the heart of teaching-how to show up as a human being with all of your gifts, passions, fears and insecurities and teach the best class you can. Whether a total newbie to teaching or a seasoned veteran, the 12 Principles for Teaching People, Not Poses are pillars to support you in being a truly remarkable yoga teacher. 1. Be yourself. 2. Practice. 3. Show your vulnerability and your expertise. 4. Teach from your own experience. 5. If you don't kw, say you don't kw. 6. Stay in your body. 7. Don't take it all so seriously. 8. Remember that your students are people. 9. Learn anatomy. 10. Plan eugh so that you can be spontaneous. 11. Remember who and what supports you. 12. Don't try to please everyone. With a chapter dedicated to each principle, stories from Jay's fourteen years of experience as a yoga teacher, teaching tips and questions for you to reflect upon about your own experience as a teacher, this book helps you to find the truth of your own teaching. In turn, you become the most confident, real and inspiring yoga teacher you can be.
- Author BiographyJay Fields, M.A. RYT believes in the power of yoga to help people to connect to their humanity as well as to their divinity. Having taugh yoga since 1998 and having earned a master's degree in Integral Transformative Education, she doesn't just teach poses, she teaches the whole person. Jay teaches classes and leads workshops for teachers and students nationally and internationally, and mentors other yoga teachers in how to be more human when they teach. For more information on Jay's teaching and writing, please visit www.graceandgrityoga.com.
- Author(s)Jay Fields
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.