All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe text is extraordinarily succinct, very well organised and highly readable. Each chapter examines in depth specific aspects of teaching and learning in drama and well-chosen practical examples can readily be adopted by teachers. A 'must' for all primary schools. Drama (the Journal of National Drama) Review of 'Drama in Primary English teaching' Teaching Primary English through Drama builds on the success of the classic text Drama in Primary English, inspiring ideas and techniques for teaching English skills through the medium of drama. Focusing on the power of drama to promote effective learning in primary education, Suzi Clipson-Boyles demonstrates how reading, writing, speaking and listening skills may be developed in ways that will motivate and engage pupils. She uses specific examples from the English curriculum, and also makes links to other areas of the curriculum. In addition, the book explains how assessment during drama can help teachers to evaluate pupils' progress in English. Further guidance is given on how drama can enrich studying for pupils who are learning English as a foreign language. The book also provides a chapter on developing drama as an art form in its own right, with simple ideas and practical suggestions on how to enhance performances. Teaching Primary English through Drama presents a wide range of drama approaches from ten-minute starter activities to stimulate ideas such as fun ways to practise reading, through to longer projects that can provide contexts for extended writing or help with presentation and performance. The chapters show how drama can help to bring lessons alive in imaginative ways that t only promote enjoyment but also enhance achievement. This comprehensive and practical guide offers essential reading for primary teachers and other practitioners, and is a valuable resource to trainees. It also provides an excellent foundation for those who wish to extend their expertise further towards drama as a subject specialism.
- Author BiographySuzi Clipson-Boyles is a national leader in school improvement. She has over thirty years' experience as a teacher, head teacher, teacher trainer, local authority adviser and Her Majesty's Inspector (HMI). Her previous publications include Drama in Primary English Teaching, Supporting Language and Literacy 0-5 and Putting Research into Practice in Primary Teaching and Learning, all published by David Fulton.
- Author(s)Suzi Clipson-Boyles
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 38 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.