All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive manual for pre- and in-service ESL and EFL educators, this frontline text balances insights from current reading theory and research with highly practical, field-tested strategies for teaching and assessing L2 reading in secondary and post-secondary contexts. Teaching Readers of English: * provides a through yet accessible survey of L2 reading theory and research * addresses the unique cognitive and socioeducational challenges encountered by L2 readers * covers the features of L2 texts that teachers of reading must understand * acquaints readers with methods for designing reading courses, selecting curricular materials, and planning instruction * explores the essential role of systematic vocabulary development in teaching L2 literacy * includes practical methods for assessing L2 students' proficiency, achievement, and progress in the classroom. Pedagogical features in each chapter include questions for reflection, further reading and resources, reflection and review questions, and application activities.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Hedgcock is Professor of Applied Linguistics at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. Dana R. Ferris is Associate Professor in the University Writing Program at the University of California, Davis.
- Author(s)Dana R. Ferris,John S. Hedgcock
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note79 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.