All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing an increased emphasis on the way today's changing science and techlogy is shaping our culture, this Second Edition of Teaching Science in Elementary and Middle School provides pre- and in-service teachers with an introduction to basic science concepts and methods of science instruction, as well as practical strategies for the classroom. Throughout the book, the authors help readers learn to think like scientists and better understand the role of science in our day-to-day lives and in the history of Western culture. Part II features 100 key experiments that demonstrate the connection between content kwledge and effective inquiry-based pedagogy. The Second Edition is updated throughout and includes new coverage of applying multiple intelligences to the teaching and learning of science, creating safe spaces for scientific experimentation, using today's rapidly changing online techlogies, and more. New to This Edition: - Links to national content standards for Mathematics, Language Arts, and Social Studies help readers plan for teaching across the content areas. - Discussions of federal legislation, including No Child Left Behind and Race To The Top, demonstrate legislation's influence on classroom science teaching. - New Scientists Then and Now biographies provide practical examples of how great scientists balance a focus on content kwledge with a focus on exploring new ways to ask and answer questions. - Sixteen additional video demonstrations on the Instructor Teaching Site and Student Study Site illustrate how to arrange and implement selected experiments. Visit www.sagepub.com/buxtontsem2e to access these valuable Instructor and Student resources: - The password-protected Instructor Teaching Site includes video clips that illustrate selected experiments, PowerPoint(R) lecture slides, Electronic Test Bank, Teaching guides, and Web resources. - The open-access Student Study Site includes tools to help students prepare for exams and succeed in the course: video clips that illustrate selected experiments, chapter summaries, flash cards, quizzes, helpful student guides links to state standards, licensure exams and PRAXIS resources, and Learning from SAGE Journal Articles.
- Author BiographyGene Provenzo is one of the nation's leading scholars in the foundations of education. He holds the rank of full professor at the University of Miami. He has won numerous awards throughout his career in both teaching and research and sits on many editorial boards. He has authored over ten books and has contributed chapters to many more. He has authored scores of articles in a wide range of areas in education. His recent projects include Teaching, Learning, and Schooling (Allyn & Bacon, 2002), a critically-oriented introduction to the foundations of education textbook, and the forthcoming Readings in Educational Thought (SAGE, 2005).
- Author(s)Cory A. Buxton,Eugene F. Provenzo
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight816 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.