All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Secondary and Middle School Mathematics combines the latest developments in research, standards, and techlogy with a vibrant writing style to help teachers prepare for the excitement and challenges of teaching secondary and middle school mathematics today. In the fully revised fifth edition, scholar and mathematics educator Daniel Brahier invites teachers to investigate the nature of the mathematics curriculum and reflect on research-based best practices as they define and sharpen their own personal teaching styles. The fifth edition has been updated and expanded with a particular emphasis on the continued impact of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and NCTM's just-released Principles to Actions, as well as increased attention to teaching with techlogy, classroom management, and differentiated instruction. Features include: A full new Chapter 7 on selection and use of specific tools and techlogy combined with Spotlight on Techlogy features throughout clearly illustrate the practical aspects of how techlogy can be used for teaching or professional development. Foundational Chapters 1 and 2 on the practices and principles of mathematics education have been revised to build directly on Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and Principles to Actions, with additional references to both documents throughout all chapters. A new Chapter 4 focuses on the use of standards in writing objectives and organizing lesson plan resources while an updated Chapter 5 details each step of the lesson planning process. A fully revised Chapter 12 provides new information on teaching diverse populations and outlines specific details and suggestions for classroom management for mathematics teachers. Classroom Dialogues features draws on the author's 35-year experience as an educator to present real-world teacher-student conversations about specific mathematical problems or ideas How Would You React? features prepares future teachers for real-life scenarios by engaging them in common classroom situations and offering tried-and-true solutions. With more than 60 practical, classroom-tested teaching ideas, sample lesson and activities, Teaching Secondary and Middle School Mathematics combines the best of theory and practice to provide clear descriptions of what it takes to be an effective teacher of mathematics.
- Author BiographyDaniel Brahier is a professor of mathematics education at Bowling Green State University in Ohio and Director of the Science and Math Education in ACTION scholarship program at BGSU. He also teaches junior high (Grades 7 and 8) mathematics at St. Rose School in Perrysburg, Ohio.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Brahier
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note165 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 21 black & white halftones, 144 black & white line drawings
- Weight1192 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.