All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Singing to Children and Young Adults is a well-balanced guide to vocal pedagogy. It explains the abilities and limitations of the young singer from both an educational and physical perspective. This is divided into several stages of learning, ranging from infant to undergraduate. Particular attention is given to the development of the voice during adolescence in both girls and boys. Appropriate technique is outlined, with anatomical descriptions and sample exercises throughout. Approaches suitable for different musical styles are covered. Related topics are explained such as the teaching of children with special educational needs, vocal health, and the structuring of lessons, warm-ups and individual practice times. Packed with illustrative case studies and illuminated with original cartoon art, the book reflects the extensive personal experience of the author. The book is accompanied by a standalone two-DVD set available w (ISBN 978-1-909082-03-8).
- Author BiographyJenevora Williams has taught singing at The Royal College of Music Junior Department, Guildford School of Acting Conservatoire, many universities, and is Vocal Adviser and teacher-in-residence for the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain. After studying at Bristol University and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, she had a ten-year performing career. This included singing frequently for Welsh National Opera with roles in Cosi Fan Tutte, The Magic Flute, Electra, Iphigenie and Idomeneo. As well as having a private teaching practice for students and professional singers, Jenevora has a PhD from the Institute of Education, London University, in the vocal health and development of boy choristers. She was the 2010 winner of the Van Lawrence Prize, awarded by the British Voice Association for her contribution to voice research. Her current research projects are investigating aspects of teaching practice applicable to a variety of ages and musical styles.
- Author(s)Jenevora Williams
- PublisherCompton Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationAbington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCompton Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Harry Venning
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.