All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping the ability to think is a major part of education, which helps students become independent learners and participate fully in a learning environment. This book sets out the theory and outlines a model for implementing the teaching of thinking at whole-school, group and individual levels in inclusive settings. The model uses a three-tier approach to ensure that all learners are included: teaching thinking for all, which takes into account common needs; working with small groups, for those with exceptional needs such as learning difficulties or high ability; and addressing individualised learning needs, including those with a complex disability. The book covers key approaches to the teaching of thinking, giving examples of how each can best be used at each tier level. It also addresses the impact of different social contexts, cultures and environmental surroundings on learning. This book will be essential reading for all members of school communities, including education leaders and teachers. Educational psychologists, special educational needs co-ordinators, speech and language therapists, and those with particular interest in educating children who are vulnerable, from disadvantaged backgrounds, and from culturally different backgrounds, will find much of value in this book.
- Author BiographyDr. Dorothy Howie has been Programme Director for the Postgraduate Diploma in Inclusive Education at the University of Hull, UK. She is an internationally recognised researcher in the teaching of thinking. She is currently Joint Director of the Australasian Institute for Learning Enhancement.
- Author(s)Dorothy Howie
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note10 figures
- Weight353 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.