All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis book should be of interest to all educators, both administrators and teachers. In the book, Randy provides practical strategies that employ writing as the tool for teaching students to both think and write well. Designed for teachers of all disciplines, in the book he clearly explains what to do and why these practices work, based on research. For educational leaders, the book provides the big picture view of how writing across the curriculum produces better thinkers, writers, and more literate students. For classroom teachers, Randy provides practical strategies that work. This book is divided into three sections. Section I delineates the reasons why writing must be used across the curricula to produce better thinkers, writers, and more literate students, and why these assets are essential for individual and societal success. Section II provides dozens of practical strategies that can be used by teachers of all disciplines to achieve the goal of producing good thinkers and writers. Additionally, Randy explains the research behind these strategies. Section III addresses the major problem that stands in the way of writing being used across the curricula as a tool for teaching: teachers t kwing how to provide quality feedback in efficient ways. The perceived paper load limits the writing opportunities for students and thus inhibits student growth. This section explains how to provide quality feedback efficiently.
- Author(s)Randall J Hanson
- Date of Publication06/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.