Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionTelevision is an essential part of any GCSE Media Studies course. It is also being studied increasingly for English GCSE, particularly for the Media element. This lively and stimulating guide, for both new and experienced teachers of GCSE Media Studies, provides a range of approaches to teaching television. It is also designed to give support to English teachers who are teaching television as part of the Media content for GCSE English or for informed oral work in talks, debates and discussions. It gives practical and helpful advice on how the teacher can use the material in the classroom and accessible references to key critical and theoretical writings for further study. The book includes: a discussion of genres, with a close look at television comedy, including Little Britain and docusoaps, such as Jamie's Dinners ; an analysis of changing representations of race on Television, particularly in Advertising; a discussion on the cult of celebrity, particularly in chat shows; a series of case studies, including Children's Television, Reality TV and Documentary, such as The Secret Policeman ; an investigation into television drama, including Desperate Housewives and Shameless ; television adaptations of the 19th century vel, such as Pride and Prejudice and Bleak House , and crime drama, such as Spooks and Midsomer Murders . The guide is supported by extensive online resources to help the busy teacher get the most out of their students.
- Author BiographyEileen Lewis is Chief Examiner for GCSE Media Studies for one of the English awarding bodies and Head of Media and Film Studies at Maidstone Grammar School. She is a BFI Associate Tutor and a freelance writer of several textbooks and resources for Media Studies, including Teaching TV News.
- Author(s)Eileen Lewis
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication28/05/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching Film and Media Studies S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Noteillustrated
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.