All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn much of the world, religious traditions are seriously valued but, in the context of religious plurality, this sets educationalists an ermous challenge. This book provides a way forward in exploring religious life whilst showing how bridges might be built between diverse religious traditions. Teaching Virtue puts engagement with religious life - and virtue ethics - at the heart of religious education, encouraging 'learning from' religion rather than 'learning about' religion. The authors focus on eight key virtues, examining these for what they can offer of religious value to pupils and teachers. Individual chapters put the discussion into context by offering a vision of what religious education in the future could look like; the need for responsible religious education; a historical review of moral education and an introduction to virtue ethics. Lesson plans and examples demonstrate how the virtues may be approached in the classroom, making it an invaluable guide for all involved in teaching religious education.
- Author BiographyMarius Felderhof is Honorary Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Theology and Religion at the University of Birmingham, UK. Penny Thompson is a freelance writer and researcher in religious education, based in the UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarius Felderhof,Penny Thompson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.