All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do when a three-year-old with autism falls on the floor kicking and screaming? How do you communicate with a child who looks away and flaps his hands? Who can you turn to for help if you suspect a child in your care is autistic? Teaching Young Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder is a straightforward, easy-to-understand guide to working with autistic children. It explains the major characteristics associated with autism and helps teachers and parents understand how these children relate to the world. Each chapter offers specific strategies for adults to use, including helping children learn life skills, managing behaviour, two-way communication, play, interaction, and working with families. This volume will help teachers and parents connect with all children in meaningful ways, allowing those with autism to learn and grow.
- Author BiographyClarissa Willis, Ph.D. has been working in the field of early childhood education for more than 20 years. Clarissa is a frequent keynote speaker and presenter at regional and national early childhood conferences. Her articles on child development and early childhood special education have been published both nationally and internationally.
- Author(s)Clarissa Willis
- PublisherGryphon House,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBeltsville, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGryphon House,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width180 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine14 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.