All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionFrom public to private, n-sectarian to faith-based institutions, this book describes the best ways to teach introductory courses in theology and religion. The author's research data from 533 introductory courses yields concrete, useful information about student goals, student learning, and effective pedagogical methods. * Offers practical, realistic, research-based guidance for faculty and graduate students, incorporating the practices of highly-effective teachers * Looks at key topics, such as how to establish and communicate with students about learning goals, what kinds of student development to expect, how to construct effective assignments, how to manage the paper load, and how to ensure that students are prepared for class * Includes case studies of theology and religious studies courses at various institutions both public and private, including large and small classes, in subjects as diverse as World Religions, Introduction to Religion, Bible, and Theology.
- Author BiographyBarbara Walvoord is Professor Emerita at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. She founded and directed teaching and learning centers at Notre Dame and at three other institutions, including public and private. She has consulted and led workshops on teaching and learning at more than 300 institutions of higher education and at dozens of national conferences. Her publications include Academic Departments: How They Flourish, How They Change (2001), Assessment Clear and Simple: A Guide for Institutions, Departments, and General Education (2004), Effective Grading: A Tool for Learning and Assessment (1998), and Helping Students Write Well: A Guide for Teachers in All Disciplines (1982, revised edition 1986).
- Author(s)Barbara E. Walvoord
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight392 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.