Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionMany educators in urban areas are faced with the challenge of educating students who have recently arrived from other countries, or are the children of immigrants; in addition, there is increasing concern about the educational needs of historical 'mirity groups'. Written in a clear and straightforward style, this book outlines the relevant theoretical background and provides detailed practical advice for teachers and school administrators in schools serving culturally diverse communities. Topics include: - immigrant resettlement and adjustment; - the role of the school in welcoming newcomers and integrating them into the life of the school; - how to provide an inclusive school and classroom environment; - how to develop a curriculum that includes many cultural perspectives; - how to develop an inclusive instructional style; - how to assess student progress and achievement in the multicultural school.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Coelho is a program consultant with the Toronto District School Board, a large urban school district in Metropolitan Toronto, Canada, where she has had extensive experience with the education of immigrant students. She is also a program co-ordinator and instructor in the in-service teacher education program at the University of Toronto. Her interests include content-based language instruction and antiracist education. She is the author of Caribbean Students in Canadian Schools: Books 1 and 2 and Learning Together in the Multicultural Classroom.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Coelho
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 13
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.