All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComputers play a crucial and rapidly evolving role in education, particularly in the area of language learning. Far from being a tool mimicking a textbook or teacher, Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) has the power to transform language learning through the pioneering application of invative research and practices. Techlogical invation creates opportunities to revisit old ideas, conduct new research and challenge established beliefs, meaning that the field is constantly undergoing change. This fully revised second edition brings teachers and researchers up-to-date by offering: * A comprehensive overview of CALL and current research issues* Step-by-step instructions on conducting research projects in CALL * Extensive resources in the form of contacts, websites and free software references * A glossary of terms related to CALL Closely linked to other branches of study such as automy in language learning and computer science, CALL is at the cutting edge of current research directions. This book is essential reading for all teachers and researchers interested in using CALL to make language learning a richer, more productive and more enjoyable task. Ken Beatty has taught at colleges and universities in Canada, Asia and the Middle East. His publications include more than 100 textbooks for learning English as a Second Language, as well as various websites, CD-ROMs and educational videos.
- Author BiographyKen Beatty has taught at colleges and universities in Canada, Asia and the Middle East. His publications include more than 100 textbooks for learning English as a Second Language, as well as various websites, CD-ROMs and educational videos.
- Author(s)Ken Beatty
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleApplied Linguistics in Action
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.