All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, Teaching and Researching Listening renews its commitment to provide language educators, practitioners, and researchers in the fields of ESL, TESOL, and Applied Linguistics with a state-of-the-art treatment of the linguistic, psycholinguistic and pragmatic processes underpinning oral language use, and demonstrates how they influence listening in a variety of practical contexts. This revised edition incorporates significantly updated sections on neurological processing, pragmatic processing, automated processing, and pragmatic assessment, as well as coverage of emerging areas of interest in L1 and L2 instruction and research. Boxes throughout, including Concepts and Ideas From Practitioners , help to both reinforce readers' understanding of the topics covered and ground them in a practical context, while the updated chapter, Exploring listening , contains an overhauled section on listening techlogies that provide readers with a range of tools to explore other perspectives on listening. Combining detailed overviews of the underlying processes of listening with an exhaustive set of practical resources, this third edition of Teaching and Researching Listening serves as an authoritative comprehensive survey of issues related to teaching and researching oral communication for language teachers, practitioners, and researchers.
- Author BiographyMichael Rost is a developer of learning software and coursebook series, focusing on products related to English Language Teaching and Research. He is the author of a number of influential books and articles in the fields of language development and curriculum design, beginning with the classic Listening in Language Learning (1990).
- Author(s)Michael Rost
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleApplied Linguistics in Action
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.45Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.