All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- Description'...clearly written, well organised, easy to use, practical and accessible for both new and continuing teachers' - The Lecturer . The third edition of this bestselling text examines the breadth of post-compulsory education (PCE) from Adult and Further Education through to training in private and public industry and commerce. Revised and updated throughout to include recent initiatives and developments in the field, it is the definitive textbook on learning, teaching, resources, course planning and assessment in all areas of PCE. The authors examine key areas in post-compulsory education through topical discussion, practical exercises, theory, reading, analysis, information, and examples of student work.Popular features of the previous edition such as the chrology of PCE have been retained and fully updated. New features include: the new framework for teacher training, including the new Lifelong Learning UK professional standards, CPD provision, mentoring and subject coaching; the revised 14-19 agenda and the developments involved, including specialised diplomas, functional skills, personalised learning and thinking skills, changes to GCSE and A Levels, work related learning; and, developments in information and learning techlogy, particularly electronic teaching and learning resources.
- Author BiographyAndy Armitage is Head of the Department of Post-Compulsory Education, Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Robin Bryant is Head of the Department of Crime and Policing Studies, Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Richard Dunnill is Head of Education, Institute for Education Policy Research, Staffordshire University, UK. Karen Flanagan is Senior Lecturer in Post-Compulsory Education, Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Dennis Hayes is Head of the Centre for Professional Learning, Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Alan Hudson is Director, Leadership Programme for China, University of Oxford, UK. Janis Kent is Curriculum Manager for Professional Studies and Learning Resources, Orpington College, UK. Shirley Lawes is Subject Leader, Modern Foreign Languages, School of Culture, Language and Communication, University of London, Institute of Education, UK.
- Author(s)Alan Hudson,Andy Armitage,Dennis Hayes,Janis Kent,Karen Flanagan,Mandy Renwick,Richard Dunnill,Robin Bryant,Shirley Lawes
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Out-of-print date21/03/2012
- Content Noteill
- Weight583 g
- Width169 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.