All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionInvesting in the training of staff ensures that standards are maintained and that skills are developed in the work force. This results in a large demand for training, and an increasingly wide range of staff are being asked to take on a teaching role to help out specialist teachers and trainers. This can often be a baptism of fire, and it is common for the individual to come away with negative feelings about the whole teaching experience. Frequently there is recognition that skills and kwledge about teaching need to be acquired. This is a practical resource for all inexperienced teachers, offering a thorough and thoughtful guide to the key tasks and skills of training. Starting with the first task of assessing learners' needs, the book shows the reader how to develop teaching effectiveness in fostering experiential learning. Additionally, by means of review chapters, the book encourages readers to reflect on their teaching actions, so as to develop better coping skills as teachers.The book follows the style of the Personal and Professional Development series, using exercises, questionnaires and case studies. Other titles in the series include Managing Time , Interpersonal Conflicts at Work , Effective Teamwork , Coaching for Staff Development , Basic Evaluation Methods , and Assessing Your Career .
- Author BiographyDerek Milne is Regional Tutor in Clinical Psychology in England's Northern Region, working for Northumberland District Psychology Service and the University of Newcastle. He has written extensively about teaching and training. Steve Noone has worked on a wide range of staff training projects, and his PhD thesis is on the important variables involved in fostering learning. He is based at Clwyd Clinical Psychology Service and the University of Wales.
- Author(s)Derek L. Milne,Steve Noone
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/1996
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePersonal & Professional Development S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBPS Blackwell
- Content Note5
- Weight280 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.