All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching in Post-14 Education & Training provides a skilfully balanced mix of essential theory and practical guidance to support you if you are studying an 'education and training' qualification. It covers fundamental background information such as key philosophies and concepts, current policy and practice, key thinkers and ideas, and includes a useful chrology. More importantly it also provides the tools to help you approach the classroom with confidence, covering fundamental issues such as teaching and learning, assessment, resources, and course design. Through its pedagogical features the book also offers you opportunities to pause and reflect, as well as practical exercises, templates and examples of student work. Key features of this new edition include: Links to the latest Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers; Updating of the legislative and policy context; Supporting learning with techlogy; Planning for equality and diversity; and, Embedding language and literacy. This is the definitive textbook on teaching, learning and assessment for those training to work in the post-14 sector. The latest edition of this popular book helps educators to reclaim their professional identity through stretching and thought-provoking commentary and critical questioning ...This is a valuable resource for students and teachers alike. It provides a useful framework for assignment and classroom work, balancing theory and practical teaching strategies. (In Tuition, Issue 24/Summer 2016).
- Author BiographyAndy Armitage is an Education Consultant, an Ofsted Inspector and Chair of the Universities' Council for the Education of Teachers Post 16 Committee. Alison Cogger is Faculty Director of School, College and Learning Setting Partnerships at Canterbury Christ Church University. Jane Evershed was formerly Senior Lecturer in Post-Compulsory Education, Canterbury Christ Church University. Dennis Hayes is Professor of Education at the University of Derby and Visiting Professor at Oxford Brookes University. Shirley Lawes is an Educational Researcher and Writer, formerly the Subject Leader for PGCE Languages at the Institute of Education, University of London. Mandy Renwick was formerly Principal Lecturer and Head of Department for Professional Development at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Andy Armitage
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleUK Higher Education Humanities & Social Sciences Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight1 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.