All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical resource gives academic librarians and school media specialists a complete instructional program for introducing students to the process of library research. The program has been tested and proven as an exceptionally effective method for guiding students in independent learning using library resources. The second edition of this highly regarded text incorporates use of newer library techlogies into invative process strategies, instructional plans, and coaching techniques. Seven basic steps of the research process are identified and described. Ready-to-use activities with worksheets are provided to help students achieve the specific task to be accomplished at each stage. In many ways the book is more timely than when the first edition was published in 1985. The library research process approach to learning integrates subject area content with essential information processing skills, preparing students to address real problems in real-world contexts in the information age. Cloth edition previously published in 1994. Paperback edition available April 2002.
- Author BiographyCarol Collier Kuhlthau (MLS, EdD, Rutgers University) is Associate Professor, School of Communication, Information and Library Studies, Rutgers and coordinates the school library media specialist certification program. Her many publications include Seeking Meaning: A Process Approach to Library and Information Services, School Librarian's Grade-by-Grade Activites Program, Information Skills for an Information Age, and numerous articles on information seeking, information skills, and information literacy. Her research on the information search process received the Jesse Shera Award from the American Library Association.
- Author(s)Carol Collier Kuhlthau
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteflowcharts
- Weight585 g
- Width214 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.