All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionRevealing that it is t what students think, but rather how they think that is important to the learning process, the contributors to this issue explore the full-range of cognitive and emotional dimensions that influence how individuals learn--and they describe teaching practices for building on these to help students develop intellectually and personally. They examine how students' unique understanding of their individual experience, themselves, and the ways kwledge is constructed can mediate learning. They look at the influence of gender, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation in shaping the learning process and examine how to create a culturally responsive learning environment for both students and faculty. The issue also explores the role of service learning in developing a strong sense of the caring self, examines the opportunities and challenges of expressing cultural identity in the learning community, and offers various strategies for linking learning goals to students' views of kwledge. This is the 82nd volume in the Jossey-Bass series <i>New Directions for Teaching and Learning</i></p>
- Author BiographyMARCIA B. BAXTER MAGOLDA is professor of educational leadership at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/07/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.