All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCase method teaching immerses students in realistic business situations--which include incomplete information, time constraints, and conflicting goals. The class discussion inherent in case teaching is well kwn for stimulating the development of students' critical thinking skills, yet instructors often need guidance on managing that class discussion to maximize learning. Teaching with Cases focuses on practical advice for instructors that can be easily implemented. It covers how to plan a course, how to teach it, and how to evaluate it. The book is organized by the three elements required for a great case-based course: 1) advance planning by the instructor, including implementation of a student contract; 2) how to make leading a vibrant case discussion easier and more systematic; and 3) planning for student evaluation after the course is complete. Teaching with Cases is ideal for anyone interested in case teaching, whether basing an entire course on cases, using cases as a supplement, or simply using discussion facilitation techniques. To learn more about the book, and to see resources available, visit teachingwithcases.hbsp.harvard.edu.
- Author BiographyEspen Andersen is Associate Professor in the Department of Strategy and Logistics at the Norwegian Business School, where he also directs the Center for Technology Strategy. He has a doctorate in Information Systems from Harvard Business School. Bill Schiano is Professor of Computer Information Systems at Bentley University. He has a doctorate in Information Systems from Harvard Business School.
- Author(s)Bill Schiano,Espen Anderson
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.