All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe way teachers shape and handle their own feelings and those of their learners is central to the success of learning. Now in its second edition, Teaching with Emotional Intelligence shows how to manage this influential yet neglected area of learning and teaching. This practical book looks at how lecturers and teachers can develop and use their emotional intelligence to enhance their teaching and their students' learning. Taking the reader step-by-step through the learning process and looking at the relationship from the perspective of both the teacher and the learner, this book will help the reader to: * plan the emotional environment; * learn how to relate and listen to learners effectively; * read and respond to the feelings of individuals and groups; * handle and reveal their feelings as a teacher, as appropriate; * develop self-awareness as a teacher; * recognise their prejudices and preferences; * improve n-verbal communication; * plan for the physical experience of learners; * deal with their learners' expectations, comments and questions. This book contains a number of revised activities, checklists and points for deeper reflection as well as new chapters on teaching with emotional intelligence with international students, in online learning and in working one-to-one with students. It will help all teaching professionals encourage their learners to become more engaged, creative, positive and motivated.
- Author BiographyAlan Mortiboys has over 20 years experience working in Educational Development in Higher Education, most recently as Professor of Educational Development at Birmingham City University. He now works independently providing staff and educational development for professionals in education and healthcare.
- Author(s)Alan Mortiboys
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.