All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionTeach students about Hmong culture, build appreciation of diversity, and extend learning across the curriculum with engaging activities based on Hmong folktales and traditions. After a fascinating overview of the history and customs of the Hmong, Dia shares her experience of emigrating from Vietnam to the U.S. The book also offers a profusion of lively activities and project ideas, covering themes of Farming and Food, Stories and Storytelling, Writing and Illustrating Stories, Hmong Folk Arts, and Customs. Students will enjoy learning about Hmong traditions such as their musical instruments, the beautiful Pa Ndau story cloths, and more. Many projects relate directly to Hmong folktales, making this a wonderful companion to Folk Stories of the Hmong.
- Author BiographyDIA CHA is an instructor at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota, where she teaches courses in cultural anthropology and Hmong culture and history. NORMA J. LIVO, Professor Emerita, School of Education, University of Colorado at Denver, has written numerous books and articles on storytelling and has a national following as a storyteller. She has served on the board of directors for the National Storytelling Association and received the NSA leadership award for the Western region. She lives in Lakewood, Colorado.
- Author(s)Dia Cha,Norma J. Livo
- Date of Publication15/05/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning Through Folklore
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.