All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.13
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixteen sutras in this book are English translations of texts selected from the Chinese Buddhist Can. Thirteen of them have never before been published in book form. The translator's introduction to Buddhist doctrine provides an organized background for readers at all levels to better understand and appreciate the teachings in these sutras, which cover a wide range of interesting topics. For example, in Sutra 1, the Buddha teaches karmic requitals and how one can avoid or mitigate unfortunate requitals. In Sutra 6, He predicts that long after His Dharma has perished, the next Buddha, Maitreya, will bring the Dharma back to this world. In Sutra 13, the Buddha reveals the mystery of consciousness, giving a detailed description of one's rebirth according to karmic force. In Sutra 14, He declares the eternity of nirvana and one's Buddha nature. In Sutra 16, He affirms that one's great compassion for all sentient beings will quickly lead one to Buddhahood. These English translations are easy to read, and Buddhist terms are explained in the glossary. One can read this book for pleasure, or study it for spiritual development. One can also recite the sutras, prayers, and mantras as a spiritual practice. Students in Buddhist Studies certainly can use this book to support and enhance their learning.
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.