Team Genius: The New Science of High-Performing Organizations by Rich Karlgaard, Michael S. Malone (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking book that sheds new light on the vital importance of teams as the fundamental unit of organization and competition in the global ecomy. Teams-we depend on them for both our professional success and our personal happiness. But isn't it odd how little scrutiny we give them? The teams that make up our lives are created mostly by luck, happenstance, or circumstance-but rarely by design. In trivial matters-say, a bowling team, the leadership of a neighborhood group, or a holiday party committee-success by serendipity is already risky eugh. But when it comes to actions by fast-moving start-ups, major corporations, nprofit institutions, and governments, leaving things to chance can be downright dangerous. Offering vivid reports of the latest scientific research, compelling case studies, and great storytelling, Team Genius shows managers and executives that the planning, design, and management of great teams longer have to be a black art. It explores solutions to essential questions that could spell the difference between success and obsolescence. Do you kw how to reorganize your subpar teams to turn them into top performers? Can you identify which of the top-performing teams in your company are reaching the end of their life span? Do you have the courage to shut them down? Do you kw how to create a replacement team that will be just as effective-without losing time or damaging morale? And, most important, are your teams the right size for the job? Throughout, Rich Karlgaard and Michael S. Malone share insights and real-life examples gleaned from their careers as journalists, analysts, investors, and globetrotting entrepreneurs, meeting successful teams and team leaders to reveal some new truths : * The right team size is usually one fewer person than what managers think they need. * The greatest question facing good teams is t how to succeed, but how to die. * Good chemistry often makes for the least effective teams. * Cognitive diversity yields the highest performance gains-but only if you understand what it is. * How to find the bliss point in team intimacy-and become three times more productive. * How to identify destructive team members before they do harm. * Why small teams are 40 percent more likely to create a successful breakthrough than a solo genius is. * Why groups of 7 (+- 2), 150, and 1,500 are magic sizes for teams. Eye-opening, grounded, and essential, Team Genius is the next big idea to revolutionize business.
- Author BiographyRich Karlgaard is the publisher of Forbes magazine, where he writes a featured column, Innovation Rules, covering business and leadership issues. An accomplished entrepreneur as well as a journalist and speaker, he is a cofounder of Upside magazine, Garage Technology Partners, and Silicon Valley's premier public business forum, the 7,500-member Churchill Club. He is also the author of Life 2.0 and The Soft Edge: Where Great Companies Find Lasting Success. He lives with his family in Silicon Valley. Michael S. Malone is one of the world's best-known technology writers. A veteran newspaper reporter and columnist, magazine editor, and entrepreneur, he is the author or coauthor of nearly twenty award-winning books, notably the bestselling The Virtual Corporation, Bill & Dave, and The Intel Trinity.
- Author(s)Michael S. Malone,Rich Karlgaard
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.