All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe main purpose of this book is to resolve deficiencies and limitations that currently exist when using Technical Analysis (TA). Particularly, TA is being used either by academics as an ecomic test of the weak-form Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH) or by practitioners as a main or supplementary tool for deriving trading signals. This book approaches TA in a systematic way utilizing all the available estimation theory and tests. This is achieved through the developing of vel rule-based pattern recognizers, and the implementation of statistical tests for assessing the importance of realized returns. More emphasis is given to technical patterns where subjectivity in their identification process is apparent. Our proposed methodology is based on the algorithmic and thus unbiased pattern recognition. The unified methodological framework presented in this book can serve as a benchmark for both future academic studies that test the null hypothesis of the weak-form EMH and for practitioners that want to embed TA within their trading/investment decision making processes.
- Author BiographyProdromos E. Tsinaslanidis, Ph.D., is Lecturer of Finance in the Business School at the Canterbury Christ Church University. Dr. Tsinaslanidis' research interests include technical analysis, pattern recognition, efficient market hypothesis and design and assessment of investment and trading strategies. Achilleas D. Zapranis, Ph.D., is Professor of Finance in the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Macedonia, where he is also Rector. In addition, Dr. Zapranis is a member of the Board of Directors of Thessaloniki's Innovation Zone.
- Author(s)Achilleas D. Zapranis,Prodromos E. Tsinaslanidis
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 colour tables, biography
- Weight497 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.