All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe ninth Advanced Study Institute (AS!) on Techniques and Concepts of High Energy Physics was almost canceled before ifbegan! A certain visitor to the area (Hurricane Bertha) arrived unexpectedly early in 1996. It was the first hur- ricane in memory to menace the Caribbean in early July! Fortunately, it passed St. Croix several days before our meeting, and left very little damage. (The Altar- ellis survived the eye of the storm in the in the British West Islands!) The meeting was held once again at the hotel on the Cay, on that spec of land in the harbor ofChrirtiansted, St. Croix, U. S. Virgin Islands. After the first two days of, at times, outrageous downpour, the 71 participants from 26 coun- tries began to relax and enjoy the lectures and the lovely surroundings of the In- stitute. The primary support for the meeting was provided by the ~cientific Affairs Division of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). The ASI was cosponsored by the U. S. department of Energy, by the Fermi National Accelera- tor Laboratory (Fermi-lab), by the U. S. National Science Foundation, and by the University of Rochester. In addition, the International Science Foundation con- tributed to the support of a participant from Russia. As in the case of the previous ASIs, the scientific program was designed for advanced graduate students and recent Ph. D. recipients in experimental parti- cle physics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number365
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1038 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byThomas Ferbel
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.