All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete beginner's guide to understanding and harnessing the mysterious forces of nature. - Provides tools for self-initiation into the ancient and secret traditions of ceremonial magic. - Explains various divination systems and how to perform ancient rituals that open the doorway to secret and arcane kwledge. True magic can be defined as the art and science of using little-kwn or forgotten natural forces in order to achieve changes in consciousness and the physical environment. It concerns a wide body of doctrines and techniques, including the conjuring of spirits and n-human entities; the manufacture and consecration of wands, swords, talismans, and other tools of the magus; ritual divination; and the exploration of universes other than that with which we are familiar. The masters who taught others these ancient arts are gone, but Techniques of High Magic provides the practical and lucid instruction necessary for self-initiation into these secret traditions. Emphasizing the ordered nature of the universe and the power of will directed by imagination, Francis King and Stephen Skinner introduce the reader to magical practices, rituals, and instruments that have been used for centuries. They explain systems of divination such as the I Ching, the Tarot, and geomancy, as well as techniques of astral projection and elementary alchemy. Their disciplined approach to magical practice includes easy formulas and diagrams that will help the initiate navigate an ancient and potent universe of gods, angels, and spirits--the world of High Magic.
- Author BiographyA leading authority in the fields of occultism, religion, and magic, Francis King also wrote several works on mysticism and ritual, including Tantra: The Way of Action and Ritual Magic of the Golden Dawn. Stephen Skinner is the author of Geomancy.
- Author(s)Francis. King,Stephen Skinner
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationRocester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.