All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionA detailed and practical guide focusing on the traditional methods of icon painting and its rich history. With all you would ever want to kw, from the materials you need and how to prepare a panel to adding inscriptions and finishing off. Part of the icon's symbolism is transmitted in the techniques used to create it and this is explored throughout, with in depth information, step-by-step demonstrations, invaluable advice and many superb examples of finished icon paintings.
- Author BiographyGilles Weissmann studied at the Beaux-Arts in Paris, exploring Egyptian painting, sculpture, Chinese Buddhist art, Mesopotamian and Roman art. He then studied icon painting and became the assistant of Professor Genevieve Governor. He now has his own studio and school of iconography in Paris: l'Atelier Icones Anastasis where he teaches and paints.
- Author(s)Gilles Weissmann
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight561 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.