Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.58Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom digital-display dresses to remote control couture, this book exposes the revolutionary interface between contemporary fashion and techlogy. As twenty-first century fashion makes a dramatic departure from traditional methods, designers longer turn to the past for inspiration, but look to the hi-tech future. The result is tech fashion, the new wave of intelligent clothing that fuses fashion with communication techlogy, electronic textiles, and sophisticated design invations that express new ideas about appearance, construction and wearability. Born out of the collaboration between fashion designers, researchers and scientists, this new dialogue could be the most significant design invation in fashions history, or indicate its eventual demise. Either way, tech fashion promises to forever disrupt the historical narrative of fashion evolution.Through interviews with designers ranging from invators such as Hussein Chalayan and Tristan Webber to mavericks like Alexander McQueen, Bradley Quinn examines the impact of this new direction. The fusion of design and techlogy introduced by Yohji Yamamoto, Rei Kawakubo and Issey Miyake has created ather direction for clothing, creating a new breed of designer-cum-scientist who redefines the way we dress, communicate, and even respond to environmental changes. As techlogy begins to shape fashion's future, it redefines the boundaries between clothing, body and machine, forever transforming the ethics and lifestyles traditionally designated by codes of dress.
- Author BiographyBradley Quinn Author and Journalist
- Author(s)Bradley Quinn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note50 b&w and 16 illustrations, biblio, index
- Weight508 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.