All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book addresses how long term and large scale shifts from one socio-technical system to ather come about, using insights from evolutionary ecomics, sociology of techlogy and invation studies. These major changes involve t just techlogical changes, but also changes in markets, regulation, culture, industrial networks and infrastructure. The book develops a multi-level perspective, arguing that transitions take place through the alignment of multiple processes at three levels: niche, regime and landscape. This perspective is illustrated by detailed historical case studies: the transition from sailing ships to steamships, the transition from horse-and-carriage to automobiles and the transition from propeller-piston engine aircraft to turbojets. This book will be of great interest to researchers in invation studies, evolutionary ecomics, sociology of techlogy and environmental studies. It will also be useful for policy makers involved in long-term sustainability and systems transitions issues.
- Author BiographyFrank W. Geels, Professor of System Innovation and Sustainability, University of Manchester, UK
- Author(s)Frank W. Geels
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2005
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.