All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionBehavioral and techlogical invation has a special place in the future of graduate and medical education, both for students and for educators. A new multi-media pedagogy offers invative techniques and techlogies, drawing widely upon behavioral science. The psychology of multi-media education maximizes learning by involving many different sensory modalities. Although multi-media has long meant use of film and other electronic modality adjuncts like Powerpoint, newer techlogies expand these horizons further. Now multi-media pedagogy means t only newer techlogies, but also newer, and different education techniques. This book describes psychology invation currently making educational settings competent and competitive. Student choice rules in education today. The techlogically driven environment produces students whose preference is incumbent on electronic research means. Besides using these tools themselves, students thirst for multi-media pedagogy in the classroom online and on campus. It is therefore teachers who close the digital divide between generations in order to educate effectively. Approaches using new techlogies and techniques have proven successful internationally with diverse audiences.
- Author BiographyDr. Mary Gregerson is the President of a consulting firm, Health, Environment, and Performance Psychology in Leavenworth, KS. She began teaching as an undergraduate and was awarded a Danforth Fellowship for graduate studies based upon her teaching credentials. Her educational publications started with Graduate and Postgraduate Medical Education with the Synchronous Systems Model, based upon a conceptual model that integrates the physical environment like technology into the biopsychosocial model for health, disease, and wellness. In addition to other articles on A role for clinical psychology in health care and policy concerning the physical environment and Shift happens: Embracing technology anchors psychology in electronic streams of revenue, she has edited special editions of The Amplifier, newsletter for the APA Div 46 Media Psychology on Research/Education in Media Psychology, Creativity Media Psychology, New Technologies Media Psychology, Education in Media Psychology. Over 30 years as an educator, Dr. Gregerson has taught undergraduates, graduates, medical students, colleagues, and non-traditional students, with an emphasis on multi-cultural concerns, optimizing teaching effectiveness, and using creative experiential techniques. Springer Science + Media has just published her first book The Cinematic Mirror for Psychology and Life Coaching.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/05/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight311 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byMary Banks Gregerson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.