All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
About this product
- DescriptionWith the recent explosion of techlogy into the world of education across the globe, this book sets out a framework for rethinking the three key areas of schooling that are most affected by techlogy's impact on education today: kwledge as curriculum; learning and pedagogy and literacy across the curriculum. A well-kwn author in this field, Jewitt takes the reader through an analysis of teaching and learning with materials such as CD-ROMs, websites, the Internet, computer programming applications and computer games, relating each in turn to the main curriculum topics. Through this detailed scrutiny the following questions emerge: * How do the new techlogies reshape kwledge as curriculum? * How does the use of new techlogies in the classroom reshape learning pedagogy? * As writing moves from page to screen, what is the impact on students' situated literacy practices and how does it effect learning? Through these questions, this book demonstrates that mode, techlogy and curriculum kwledge are fundamentally connected and describes how teacher and student roles in the classroom could be altered in the face of new techlogies.
- Author BiographyDr Carey Jewitt is a Reader of Education and Technology at the London Knowledge Lab, Institute of Education, University of London. She is co-editor of the journal Visual Communication and has previously published A Handbook of Multimodal Analysis and English in Urban Classrooms: A Multimodal Perspective on Teaching and Learning with Routledge.
- Author(s)Carey Jewitt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.