All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionGrappling with the contemporary Latin American literary climate and its relationship to the pervasive techlogies that shape global society, this book visits Latin American literature, techlogy, and digital culture from the post-boom era to the present day. The volume examines literature in dialogue with the newest media, including videogames, blogs, electronic literature, and social networking sites, as well as older forms of techlogy, such as film, photography, television, and music. Together, the essays interrogate how the global networked subject has affected local political and cultural concerns in Latin America. They show that this subject reflects an affective mode of kwledge that can transform the way scholars understand the effects of reading and spectatorship on the production of political communities. The collection thus addresses a series of issues crucial to current and future discussions of literature and culture in Latin America: how literary, visual, and digital artists make techlogy a formal element of their work; how techlogy, from photographs to blogs, is represented in text, and the ramifications of that presence; how new media alters the material circulation of culture in Latin America; how readership changes in a globalized electronic landscape; and how critical approaches to the convergences, boundaries, and protocols of new media might transform our understanding of the literature and culture produced or received in Latin America today and in the future.
- Author BiographyMatthew Bush is Associate Professor of Spanish and Latin American Studies at Lehigh University, USA. Tania Gentic is Associate Professor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Georgetown University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white halftones
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMatthew Bush,Tania Gentic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.