All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe book balances broad-brush macro-policy issues with the nitty gritty micro-project orientation...Development professionals and policy makers as well as kwledgeable laypersons, who want to make the process mutually beneficial, will find much food for thought in this book. Development Connections Few developing countries can easily obtain the techlogy needed to further their socioecomic growth. This mograph offers a behind-the-scenes analysis of a government-private sector venture--the Chile Foundation (FCh)--that has been successful in managing the transfer of techlogy. The author profiles numerous FCh projects, focusing on the identification, selection, and management and marketing processes guiding these enterprises. He examines decision-making, trial-and-error, and financing details. Meissner also demonstrates how feedback from performance monitoring makes it possible to apply past experiences to ongoing work. Finally, he suggests what FCh's successes--and failures--can teach other enterprises attempting similar development.
- Author BiographyFRANK MEISSNER is an Adjunct Professor at the American University in Washington, D.C. He has held positions with the United Nations Development Program's Productivity Mission to Argentina, the Latin America Group of W.R. Grace & Co., and worked for almost two decades as a Marketing Economist with the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington, D.C. He is on the editorial staff of the Journal of Global Marketing.
- Author(s)Frank Meissner
- Date of Publication20/10/1988
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.