All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA powerful and compelling new work on the War of 1812, w available in paperback At the dawn of the 19th century, the British Empire is engaged in a titanic war with Napoleonic France for global supremacy. The American Republic is quickly expanding its territory along the western frontier, while native peoples struggle to protect their lands from the relentless wave of new settlers. James Laxer offers a fresh and compelling view of this decisive war by bringing to life two major contests: the native peoples Endless War to establish nationhood and sovereignty on their traditional territories and the American campaign to settle its grievances with Britain through the conquest of Canada. At the heart of this story is the unlikely friendship and political alliance of Tecumseh, the Shawnee chief and charismatic leader of the native confederacy, and Major General Isaac Brock, defender and protector of the British Crown. Vividly rendered and passionately depicted, <i>Tecumseh and Brock</i> is a highly engaging, impeccably researched, and powerful work of history.
- Author Biography<b>James Laxer</b> is the best-selling and award-winning author of 19 books, including <i>Discovering America</i> and <i>The Border.</i> One of Canada s leading political thinkers, he lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)James Laxer
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.