All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionPart detective story, part historical inquiry, this book explores the countless attempts to locate the chief's grave and raise a monument in his hour. The first substantial book on the subject based primarily on Canadian material and packed with vivid descriptions of regional life in the nineteenth century, Tecumseh's Bones examines changing attitudes towards Natives, sheds light on their relations with early Euro-Canadian settlers, and highlights the role of women in shaping the folklore traditions associated with the Shawnee chief. Drawing on a wealth of archival material, most of which has never been published, Tecumseh's Bones will fascinate history buffs, historians, and mystery lovers.
- Author BiographyGuy St-Denis is an award-winning independent scholar who has written extensively on southwestern Ontario history.
- Author(s)Guy St.Denis
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleMcGill-Queen's Native and Northern Series
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note25 b&w photographs
- Weight476 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine534 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.